Microbe Lift- Super Start 500ml
Specially formulated for all biological (bead) filters. Like most types of mechanical/biological filters, bead filters
rely on the use of a media that provides a high surface area/volume ratio. This allows for support of the necessary
amount of biomass, in the form of a biofilm, to properly remove organic and inorganic waste from the water. Within
the biofilm it is possible to carry out aerobic, facultative anaerobic, anaerobic and chemosynthetic processes. Microbe-Lift Super
Start contains all these bacteria capable of carrying out all of the necessary processes for optimum performance of bead filters.
When used according to dosage instructions Microbe-Lift Super Start will provide the following benefits:
- Rapid establishment of organic removal capabilities.
- Rapid establishment of nitrogen cycling including nitrification and denitrification.
- Reduced build-up of residue in the filter reducing maintenance and improving filter efficiency by reducing š…channellingš.
- Breakdown of residual medications, like tea tree oils and formalin products which are inhibitory to most bacteria, after use.
- Rapid recovery of filter after use of medications and antibiotics.
- Effective over a wide pH range.
- Reduces ammonia nitrogen levels.
- Significantly reduces noxious odours caused by algae, fish waste and urine.
- Reduces hydrogen sulphide, which creates strong, offensive odours.
When starting up the filter, apply Super Start for 4 weeks.
After cleaning the filter apply for 2 weeks.
Use Clean & Clear for maintenance.