MicroBeast MB28 9000gals (incl 150L of K1 Micro)
K1 Micro has been specifically designed for use in bead filters, conventional
pond filters and aquarium filters. K1 Micro has the same wheel shaped design
as K1 Media, but it has an increased protected surface area of 950 m^2 per m^3.
The wheel shaped structure of Micro is designed specifically to create the most
effective environment for the nitrification process to take place. As Micro media
matures, bacteria colonises in the ‚‚¦quiet areas‚‚½ of each piece of media helping
to improve nitrification / de-nitrification. This enables a well-balanced biological equilibrium to be sustained in your pond to
keep fish healthy and the water crystal clear.
The small size of K1 Micro makes it ideal to be used a replacement for beads in a bead filter. Not only will the vast 950m^2
per m^3 protected surface area maintain a bio-film that helps to improve nitrification, water quality and clarity, but K1 Micro
can offer many more benefits:
- *Increased protection for the bio-film- K1 Micro retains the bio-film within its wheel shaped structure.
- *Improved solids handling- A static bed of K1 Micro packs tightly together with areas for solid particles and fines to be captured, helping to reduce TDS levels.
- *Increased flow rate- K1 Micro allows enough water to flow evenly through media rather than tracking around a ‚‚¦clump‚‚½ of beads. This means that flow rates are improved when using ‚‚¦like for like‚‚½ pumps.
- *Reduced back pressure- The improved flow also reduces the back pressure or resistance inflicted on the pump. In turn this improves the pumps‚‚¾‚ efficiency and may even result in the need for a lower rated pump which will ultimately save you money!
- *Improved cleaning- During a cleaning process, the bio-film remains protected within the K1 Micro.
- *Semi buoyant media- The Media is a semi buoyant media which makes it ideal for a bead filter.