Reduces fish stress to allow minor surgical procedures, scrapes and examinations to take place when treating or assessing illnesses in Koi Carp.
1. Read instructions and prepare everything to make the procedure as stress free as possible. Fill the treatment bath with just enough pond water to cover the fish and add an air stone. In the unlikely event of an adverse reaction, or to recover the fish, make sure another untreated bath is ready with an air stone.
2. Shake the bottle thoroughly for 1 minute every time prior to dosing. Add 5ml to the bath per 10L of water (1 pipette = 1ml). DO NOT ADD TO THE POND. Dissolve the sedative in a cup of warm water first then mix thoroughly into the bath. Wait for 5 minutes to disperse.
3. Catch the fish and place into the treatment. Once it can be handled without struggling, it is ready (usually after 3 to 5 minutes). The fish may roll onto its side but should be slowly moving its gills. At 5 minute intervals, add an extra dose if the fish does not become calm enough to handle.
NOTE: All fish require different levels of sedative. This product is designed to slowly and safely sedate them so don’t panic if it takes several doses or longer than 10 minutes. If the fish reacts adversely or you feel uncomfortable, return the fish to clean water.
Do not leave the fish unattended.
4. Place the fish onto a wet towel, cover the eyes and treat the wound. Ask someone to help ensure the fish remains still.
5. Once treated, immediately place the fish into the recovery bath or pond near an air stone or filter outlet. Release once it can swim upright (usually after 3 minutes).
Observe the fish to ensure revival.